Sunday, April 4, 2010

New Gig

I'm off on a new adventure. The Washington Post is starting a new weekly business publication called Capital Business and I am its very first editor. This is really a dream assignment, being given a blank sheet of paper to re-imagine a business newspaper.

We're trying to create something that feels fresh, newsy and informative.

For now, we're putting the pieces in place, hiring a staff, and playing with designs all in a mad scramble to launch on Monday, April 19. Frankly, we've been operating at such a frenetic pace that I've had to cut back on my other interests but hopefully I'll be able to establish a new routine soon enough.

You'll find a sample of Capital Business bundled with your Washington Post for a few weeks. We hope you subscribe for $49 a year, about what some people pay for an expense account lunch.

Don't hesitate to let me know what you think.

UPDATE: You can find an interview with me on the new project here. Here's a story about our first hire from the Washington Business Journal.

No comments: