Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Cause and Effect

It didn't seem so long ago that I had all these balls in the air and life was good. We're getting ever so closer to debuting the WashBiz Blog but there are still some wrinkles to iron out. WaPo's newspaper and Web operations are separate entities, which requires multiple layers of involvement to get something like this launched.

Obviously, we work very closely with one another on a daily basis but whenever it's time to break templates or try something new there can be a chain reaction of causes and effects.

That's what we're working through right now. The progress might be a bit slower than I expected but I'm learning a whole lot about how the Web version of the newspaper works, and about the business of building a proper blog ;).

It's interesting to me to compare the process to the completely unencumbered task of getting Columbia Talk up and running. I'll be curious to see how the two evolve over time.

No comments: