Tuesday, June 5, 2007

In Search Of...Local Business Blogs

As someone who works in the media, it is becoming increasingly evident to me that there is often two different conversations going on about the world around us. The off line one, in newspapers, television, radio, magazines and such, and the online one.

As local business editor, I'm pretty comfortable with off-line business news. But the online world is still foreign territory. Soooo, I am interested in assembling a blog roll of folks who write about business in the greater Washington area. I'm interested in all sorts of online commentary: company blogs, CEO blogs, worker bee blogs, economic analysis, stock tips on local companies, etc. If you have a favorite, or you compile one, please drop me a line.

I hope to make a home for these links on the washingtonpost.com Web site, and find ways to allow these online conversations to make their way into the daily paper.

3 comments:

Jessie Newburn said...

The Odum Real Estate Group blogs at http://www.odum-real-estate-blog.com/. They are located in Columbia, with a market focus of Central Maryland.

Anonymous said...

Hi Dan,

I'm based in D.C. and am a corporate blogging consultant. I'm the author of The Corporate Blogging Book (Portfolio 2006). I work with a variety of companies from Global 100 (GlaxoSmithKline) to local professional associations to help them launch and write blogs. Would be happy to put you onto some local blogs! Visit my site at www.debbieweil.com. Reach me at wordbiz AT gmail DOT com.

Dan Beyers said...

Thanks, I'll check out your sites.